Personalised Care Spread Academy
The Spread Academy is an immersive residential training initiative designed by the South West Academic Health Science Network (SW AHSN) in collaboration with the renowned US-based Billions Institute and NHS England & Improvement.
Our three day academy is designed to equip leaders in health and care with the skills and insight they need to unleash large-scale change. Through storytelling and collaborative group work, delegates learn techniques for spreading and scaling change and begin the personal transformation they need to see it through, leaving with a viable plan of next steps to measure along their journey. The academy is based on the Billions Institute’s Model for Unleashing, a framework for creating conditions that enable change to become contagious.
What you need to know:
- This is a three day immersive residential course
- It will take place at Dartington Hall in the beautiful Devon countryside
- On the 24th – 26th of September 2019
Who can take part?
Teams of 3 – 6 from across the South West are eligible to apply for funded places, as are those from other national personalised care demonstrator sites. If you are working to improve patient care with a focus on giving people choice and control over their care, then we would love for you to join us on the Spread Academy!
How do I get involved?
Apply here before the deadline on the 30th of July
The Spread Academy focuses on four areas of the Model for Unleashing to help you make the change you want to see:
- Dig Deep into your purpose and motivations so that you can stay centered and grounded through adversity.
- Dream Big about the transformation you seek to create in the world and identify quantifiable next steps, to discover the “just right” amount of “how much, by when.”
- Add Zeros, not by seeking to control things but by creating the right contexts to enable people who you’ve never met to change their behaviour.
- No Heroes. When hitting a snag, it’s easy to rush in to try to fix things that aren’t your responsibility, to point fingers, or curl up on the couch and wish it would all just go away. But once you learn how to reliably step into healthy responsibility, you attain the ultimate key to the large-scale change universe: NO HEROES.